Sonntag, Dezember 16, 2007

Machine Quilting

Last week I started out with a new projekt: improve my machinequilting skills.

For the sketchbook -challenge I not only do want to try surface design technics that are new to me, but also improve my quilting skills.

I started a new sketchbook and pasted in some of my doodleings from my agenda. I already did a few samples which I stappled in the book and started an collection of sample pads the will form a book later. I am not sure what the binding of this samplerbook is going to look like but I have got some ideas from books, I did in the past. I might make a box for the books too.
While sewing on the samples I got the idea to make a simple book cover for a fotoalbum as a present for my parents to bring along the next weekend.
Below you can see the back of the finished cover and then the front of the album. Tomorrow I am going back to a shop for a nice shell button to add a closure.

2 Kommentare:

smarcoux hat gesagt…

Hi C
Sandy here from cambridge uk in expressive books group with you.. that is some very very nice free machineing that you have done... do you know what might be nice on there is some markel paint stick paints on the oval shapes ... do you have any markal paint sticks?

Sandy

jacquie hat gesagt…

Hi C,
I got your request to join in on project improv. I would love to have you. Could you send me your email address so I can send you details of the project. jgeringirre at yahoo dot com.
thanks!
jacquie