Freitag, Dezember 07, 2007

Clean up and Experiments

Last night I started to prepare the materials for a two day workshop this weekend. "Experimentale Sewing" is the theme. We are asked to bring Colette Wolffs book "The Art of Manipulating Fabric" along, if we got it and lots of different materials, not only textiles.

While searching through the basement with all the materials I came again across several UFO's and got sidetracked as you can see in my post, too.



Well I got most of it together now, decided to also pick-up some UFO's to finish them. I will add new technics to them, I intend or already started to explore.



First is this brown/beige something I started about a year ago, intended for my MIL's 80th birthday but then did the one below. I wanted her to have something really personal from me!



The colors are hers truly, not mine. But I see it as a challenge to change and add till I like it too and it is truly mine!

As you can see I started by adding a few strips, but that is not the (whole) solution yet! To be continued...

Keine Kommentare: